Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Great! Great! Great!

Over the years, it has been a kind of unspoken tradition at church to chat with the guys for a few minutes about the local university football games. I think there was more said about Weber State this past Sunday than during Sundays past for the last eight years combined.
As mentioned on my previous post, I am a fan of college football, but I am not sure anyone could have predicted the routing that Weber State presented to Western State on Saturday. I had planned on going, but with my wife working (she's a nurse) and sick kids, I was left to wait for the 10:00 news to see highlights from this game. It all but made up for the sick feeling I had after watching BYU's fanny's handed to them by Boston College earlier in the day. I don't know, perhaps it was because Utah's win had happened a full day earlier and (as stated) BYU was picked apart by the Eagles, but there was a genuine interest in the Wildcats.
I'll be the first to admit, though a Weber State graduate, I have not exactly put myself in a position to be nominated for Alumnus of the Year. But I have always been genuinely interested in the success of WSU because of the attached success for the community. I have even cheered the Wildcats against other in state schools when the occasion to play them in basketball has arisen.
Needless to say, the potential for greatness this year is evident for the Wildcats. I do plan to attend at least one game this season (call me bandwagon, that's alright). And I hope for continued attention that this may bring my alma mater.
It's a great season ahead- for both the school and the community! Go Cats!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great great great great great great article, man.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get off your ass and get us something new, buckwheat, or get rid of it all together.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home