Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Enjoying "Mi Puebla" in Mi Ciudad (My City)

Some co-workers of mine invited me to lunch with them today at a Mexican Restaurant on 26th Street. The name of the establishment is Mi Puebla. I thought to give it a try and was very much impressed. The restaurant has been around for about four years. They serve authentic Mexican food at a very reasonable price.
I ordered two tacos (one from pork and the other lengua). The cost of my meal was 4.oo and it was fantastic. Others in my party ordered such things as chopped beef (bistec) and enchiladas. No one's meal cost more than 8.00- and this is daily prices, not a lunch menu.
Having eaten at other authentic restaurants in other cities, I can say that this was fabulous. The meats were tender and well seasoned. They also offer a variety of beverages from classic sodas to latin drinks (horchata and tamarindo) to mixed latin drinks (margaritas, etc.)
Mi Puebla is located on 26th Street between Monroe and Harrison (I can't remember the exact cross street). It on the east end of a building that is a small market and bakery. Though the atmosphere is not what you see when you visit Garcia's or other chain type Mexican restaurant, this is what true Mexican restaurants are supposed to look like. I was happy to learn about this restaurant and am certain that I will be a return customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home