Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Shave & a Haircut...

In light of my previous post, I thought that I would occasionally showcase some of Ogden's small businesses that I have personally found to be exceptional (ie. Good deal for goods & services, overcoming tremendous odds, revitalizing an existing building, etc.)
Keep in mind, these will come from my own experience and I will do my best to give the businesses a fair plug. This is in no way intended to exclude or scruitnize other businesses. If you choose to post a reply based on these businesses, please be fair.
One local business that has done well is the Corner Barber Shop. The barbershop is on the corner of 12th and Monroe. They have been in business for about a year now and appear to be doing well. One attractive draw to their services is the price of a haircut- 5 bucks. (And you thought you could only get a pizza for that price). Oh... and as a bonus-- After four haircuts, you get the fifth free!
In some aspects, it is like stepping into a barbershop of yesteryear. The staff is very polite and friendly. They seem genuinely cordial and interested in you- your family, occupation, etc.
Nearly everytime I have gone there for a cut, the place is full, but the atmosphere is inviting enough that somehow, I don't seem to mind (unlike waiting at the chain salons). Though not into lavish hair-dos, the cuts they give are nice- and as mentioned, the price is even nicer!
Apparantly, they also offer massages and manicures (by appointment only).
Next time you're looking for a cut, check them out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

2 Comments:

Blogger faithanddustin said...

Lancer,
This is a great idea. I will definately pump this up on my blog.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plugging Ogden small businesses is an excellent use of blog space. Well done.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home