Friday, July 22, 2005

Losing Heart

Well, they've done it again! WCForum posted yesterday that the Ogden City Council has again decided to stall the actual voting on the bond for another indefinite time frame.
Am I the only one who is beginning to get sick of this carousel ride?
Those who have seen my posts (the few posts I've actually done) know that I am in favor of this bond. Not because it is the smartest thing being done by the city council, but because I am ready to see SOMETHING happen within our city that has some potential to possibly bring people back here. I got interested in the bond when I realized that CBCOF was not telling everyone the whole truth when it came to the reasons for the petition.
Now, I fear the pendulum may be swinging the other way. If this was such a sure-fire deal, why the hold ups? I wonder if a fellow blogger might have hit the nail on the head when he compares Ogden to "The merry old land of Oz". Many have been in awe of the "abilities" of the "Great Oz" and all he would do for our city. It seems that the longer this drags on, the curtain might just be pulled away.
I hope it's not so. I believe in believing in those in power. As I mentioned in a previous post, even when I didn't agree with President Clinton's ideologies, I tried to believe he would do the best for our country (which, for the most part, he did).
Time's running out... but I wonder if the RDA deadline is the only one the city council has to worry about. The deadline to win Ogden's citizens is much, much sooner-- And far more important.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably can't count on everything going smoothly. Lenders always try to make a deal look easy in the beginning, but when push finally comes to shove, they start wanting more and more assurances. Right now it is soil sampling to prove there is no toxic waste underground, next it will be a requirement that the City guarantee the loan to and including general funds.

Bonds are underwritten by lenders. They have reputations to protect. It's not over til the signiture is on the bottom line, and you almost always end up giving assurances you said you wouldn't.

Slings and arrows of outragious fortune, pal.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home